Spousal Sponsorship allows you to sponsor a spouse, conjugal partner, a common law partner and dependent children.
Note: Common- law partners (same or opposite sex) must have lived with you for at least 12 consecutive months.
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- You must be a Canadian citizen, person registered in Canada as an Indian or a permanent resident living in Canada
- You should not be receiving any social assistance (Exception: disability)
- Meet the Low-Income-Cut-off. You must show that you have sufficient funds to provide basic needs for:
- Any dependent child
- Your Spouse/Partner’s dependent child.
CANADIAN CITIZEN LIVING OUTSIDE CANADA
You must live with your sponsored relative once he/she becomes a permanent resident
ELIGIBILITY (SPOUSE, CONJUGAL PARTNER OR A COMMON-LAW PARTNER)
- Must at least be 18 years of age
- Have a genuine relationship
For each dependent child, you must submit a complete application and provide the required documents.