Spousal Sponsorship

Spousal Sponsorship allows you to sponsor a spouse, conjugal partner, a common law partner and dependent children.

Note: Common- law partners (same or opposite sex) must have lived with you for at least 12 consecutive months.

Eligibility (Sponsor)

  • You must be at least 18 years of age
  • You must be a Canadian citizen, person registered in Canada as an Indian or a permanent resident living in Canada
  • You should not be receiving any social assistance (Exception: disability)
  • Meet the Low-Income-Cut-off. You must show that you have sufficient funds to provide basic needs for:
    • Yourself
    • Spouse/Partner
    • Any dependent child
    • Your Spouse/Partner’s dependent child.

Canadian Citizen living outside Canada

You must live with your sponsored relative once he/she becomes a permanent resident

Eligibility (Spouse, Conjugal partner or a Common-Law partner)

  • Must at least be 18 years of age
  • Have a genuine relationship

Dependent Children

For each dependent child, you must submit a complete application and provide the required documents.

Wish to sponsor your spouse?

Call us today for a free consultation with one of our professional advisors.