SKILLED WORKER STREAM
SKILLED WORKERS IN MANITOBA
Skilled workers in Manitoba are not subject to a points-based assessment. Individual applications are selected from international student graduates and temporary foreign workers.
Note: International student graduates should currently be working in Manitoba and must have been offered a permanent full-time job offer from an employer in Manitoba.
If you have a permanent full-time job offer from an employer in Manitoba but have graduated from a post-secondary program in a different province; in order to be eligible, you must work for that employer for at least a year before applying.
- Individual must be an international student graduate OR a qualified temporary foreign worker
- Have a valid Work Permit or a Post-Graduation Work Permit
- Have a permanent full-time job offer from an employer in Manitoba
- Must have continuously worked for their current Manitoba employer for at least six months
- Have the required education/training and any required license or certification
- Meet the language requirements
- Must intend to work and settle in Manitoba as a permanent resident
- Demonstrate that you have sufficient settlement funds
SKILLED WORKERS OVERSEAS
Skilled workers overseas are subject to a points-based system qualification. Individuals need to score a minimum of 60 points which are based on five eligibility factors.