Who is visitor visa for?

For persons who wish to legally enter Canada to visit family, for vacation or for short business related visits.

Visitors are citizens of foreign countries. They are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada.

Visitors who wish to stay longer must apply for an extension and pay additional fee. Contact us to consult one of our professionals. An advisor will be in touch to explain the requirements for an extension of temporary resident status application and/or change of status application.


You must meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and the IRPA regulations.

You must:

  • Agree to leave Canada at the end of your stay.
  • Have enough money to show that you are able to provide for yourself and your family member in Canada and to return home.
  • Vouch to not contravene the conditions of their stay by engaging in unauthorized study or work.
  • Have no records of criminal activity and agree to abide by the Canadian law.
  • Not be a risk to the security of Canada.
  • Be in good health (if required, complete a medical exam).
  • Provide any additional documents upon request.

Applying as a family

Each family member must complete their own application forms.

You may submit the applications together online or at a Visa Application Centre (VAC) and pay the applicable fee.

Medical Requirements

  • No medical exam is required IF you plan to visit or study for six months or less
  • You need a medical exam IF you plan to visit or study for more than six months