Live-in Caregiver Program (LCP)
The Live-in Caregiver program is currently closed to new applicants.
To hire a foreign caregiver, you must obtain a positive LMIA from service Canada.
Live-in caregivers must be offered a job to care for: children, the elderly and/ or persons with a disability.
If you wish to hire a foreign caregiver, call us today and one of our advisors will be in touch to explain the requirements and the process of hiring a foreign caregiver.
Employers looking to hire a caregiver with a LCP work permit:
- First try filling the position with a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Caregivers must already be a part of the live-in Caregiver Program.
- Have sufficient funds to pay them.
- Provide them with acceptable living space in your home.
- “Caregiving” must be the main responsibility of the job.