Live-in Caregiver Program (LCP)

The Live-in Caregiver program is currently closed to new applicants.

To hire a foreign caregiver, you must obtain a positive LMIA from service Canada.

Live-in caregivers must be offered a job to care for: children, the elderly and/ or persons with a disability.

If you wish to hire a foreign caregiver, call us today and one of our advisors will be in touch to explain the requirements and the process of hiring a foreign caregiver.

Employers looking to hire a caregiver with a LCP work permit:

  • First try filling the position with a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
  • Caregivers must already be a part of the live-in Caregiver Program.
  • Have sufficient funds to pay them.
  • Provide them with acceptable living space in your home.
  • “Caregiving” must be the main responsibility of the job.

Wish to invite a caregiver for children or elderly?

Fill out the free assessment or call us today!