There was a drop in the revenue for the TV, film, and video game industries due to the Covid-19 lockdowns. Thankfully, all of these industries are thriving ever since reopening.
Voice acting, motion capture, casting for video games, along with film and TV production may remain in operation. This will be as long as proper health and safety steps are followed.
These industry workers understand the significance of ensuring social distancing. They also understand why they need to follow safety policies all the time.
These steps help to control the rapid spread of the Covid-19 virus and reduce the chance of new cases coming up. Fresh Covid-19 cases may spark future shutdowns.
In addition, both the TV and film industries are doing pretty well.
There are several productions that are in progress. This includes Moonfall with Halle Berry in the lead role and Roland Emmerich as the director. Both the industries may boom to an all-new level this year.
Ways for Video Game Workers to Immigrate To Canada
There are several options available for talented people who wish to work in the Canadian video game industry.
- In case of a regular job offer, your employer from Canada needs to get a positive or a neutral LMIA. This will prove that no permanent resident or Canadian citizen was able to fill the job requirements. Do remember that there are some jobs that may not require an LMIA.
- If it is a job offer from Quebec, you will need to get a Certificat d’acceptation du Québec (CAQ). The immigration ministry of Quebec issues this document and it lets you work in the province for a limited time.
- Your employer will provide a copy of the LMIA letter to you. This will be along with the job offer letter. While applying for a work permit from the IRCC, you will need both letters.
- You will receive your work permit at the port of entry form where you enter the country.
Global Talent Stream
The Global Talent Stream (GTS) is another option for you to consider. This is a fast-track stream that lets highly skilled workers get a work permit within a couple of weeks of applying.
If the job demands an LMIA, getting the document will take around two weeks. In other words, the candidate can enter Canada within four weeks.
All employers will have two options.
- In case they need special talents, they need to apply through Category A. They will have to receive a referral from a chosen referral partner.
- If an employer needs to hire foreign hands for jobs listed on the Global Talent Occupations List, they need to apply through Category B.
Get in touch with us on WhatsApp or Call us at 905-671-4442. You may even email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries about your work permit application.