Certain Essential Workers Are Now Exempt From Quarantine and Work Permits

Some foreign workers may need an eTA or a temporary resident visa (TRV) to work in Canada. These workers will not require a work permit to work in the country.

Foreign workers visiting Canada do not need work-permits to work legally in Canada. They will support critical infrastructure and are exempt from travel restrictions.

Some specific workers may be exempt from the compulsory 14-day quarantine rule. They need not stay at a government-approved hotel for three days upon arrival. Some of these workers include:

  • Those in marine transportation.
  • People in emergency and medical services.
  • People who offer services like maintaining, delivering, or repairing necessary medical devices or equipment.
  • People who work as students in a health field, including a clinical clerk or a medical elective.
  • People who will provide an essential service determined by the CPHO during their stay in Canada.
  • People who will make medical deliveries, such as blood products and blood, cells, organs, tissues, and other body parts.

The Chief Public Health Officer (CPHO) has decided that some workers also provide Canada’s essential services. These include technicians and specialists who install, repair, maintain, and inspect pieces of equipment.

These pieces of equipment are essential to support critical infrastructure. If they agree to work under the present agreement, they may enter Canada as business visitors.

On the other hand, if these workers do not work as a part of the present agreement, they will need a work permit.

Some specific workers support certain open water aquaculture-related activities. These include:

  • Fishing
  • Transporting fish
  • Treating fish for pests and repairs

The CPHO states that these workers have permission to enter Canada. If they fail to show any symptoms of Covid-19, they will be exempt from the mandatory 14-day quarantine.

Apply for a TRV

You may apply for a TRV if you fulfill two basic criteria:

  1. You are an essential foreign worker.
  2. You wish to enter Canada for one of the reasons mentioned above.

If you come from one of the visa-exempt nations, you may enter Canada without applying for a TRV. However, you may need an eTA document.

Get in touch with us on WhatsApp or Call us at 905-671-4442. You may even email us at info@immigrationterminal.ca if you have any queries about your temporary or eTA application.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *