Renowned for its beauty, Canada is the second largest country in the world. Canada is a great place to live and work. We value family culture and beliefs. Compassion, respect, openness and willingness to work hard are a part of our shared values.
Here are the top 5 reasons why you should raise your children in Canada.
- Canadian employees are covered by the Canada Labour Code. Pregnant employees have the right to take pregnancy leave of up to 17 weeks. In some cases, the leave may be longer (varies depending on the province). After the baby is born or adopted, either the mother or father can take up to 61 weeks of parental leave (varies depending on the province).
- Canada is recognized as a multicultural country. Multiculturalism is an integral part of Canada’s foundation. The government of Canada protects the cultural heritage of all its citizens and encourages all to take pride in their religion, heritage, language and culture.
- Education is FREE! That’s right! Public schools throughout Canada are free of cost. The provincial and local Canadian governments are responsible for providing universal free education up until grade 12. After graduating from high school, students have more than 90 Canadian colleges and universities to choose from. Canada is home to some of the world’s most respected institutions and is consistently ranked high in terms of education quality
- All residents have access to FREE healthcare! Canada’s health care system is publicly funded at the provincial and federal level. No resident has to pay an insurance premium in order to be covered.
- Canada is SAFE! Canada has a low crime rate, people are welcoming and very helpful. According to the latest Global Peace Index report, Canada is the 7th safest country in the world.
Canada is a multicultural country and we welcome all who can help enrich our community by sharing their culture. Support is available throughout Canada to help you and your family settle in Canada.