Canada will now be able to confirm the PR status of applicants without in-person interviews. This is possible through a new online portal.
The application of this new system is a part of a Covid-19 measure by the country. The immigration minister of Canada, Marco Mendicino, has said that the new process will effectively reduce the time taken to land new permanent residents.
This new portal will let new PR holders share their personal information with IRCC. New PR holders will also be able to:
- Declare their presence in the country.
- Confirm their address.
- Submit a recent photo that will appear on their PR card.
- Get ready access to their proof of PR status.
This portal is not meant to check the status of an application. The reason being, it is separate from the IRCC secure account where different applicants submit and also update their information.
It is important for each person to have an individual profile. Family members will require their individual username and password. It is not possible for a representative to access the portal on a user’s behalf.
Invitations were sent by the IRCC to the various applicants to test this new portal in October. The development of this portal was by Deloitte, which is a multinational professional services company. It has its headquarters in Canada.
How Will The Portal Work?
- After approval of your immigration application, IRCC will send an invitation to you. This will confirm whether you really need the portal, your email address, and all the email addresses of different people on the application.
- IRCC will create an account for you since you will not be able to do so for yourself.
- Upon receipt of your response to their invitation, IRCC will send another email to you. This email will contain a link to the portal with instructions for the entire sign-in procedure. You need to sign in with the help of your username and temporary password.
- Once you have done this step, you will have to create your own password. You will also have to confirm that you are in Canada and update your postal address and upload your recent photo.
- IRCC will finally review and accept the photo. You can later check the portal to confirm whether the department has accepted it or not. After acceptance of your photo, you will receive your PR card within a week. You will receive it at the updated mailing address that you provided in the portal.
- It is important for the photos to meet IRCC requirements. The department may return it if they find it to be too dark, if facial features are not clearly visible, or if there is a glare on the photograph.
- They will contact you if there are issues with the PR card process.
Get in touch with us on WhatsApp or Call us at 905-671-4442. You may even email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries about your permanent residence application.