The Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) is all set to launch two new immigrant pathways. These will encourage foreign students to start their businesses in Alberta
Starting new businesses will give rise to new job prospects and assist in diversifying the economy.
The International Graduate Entrepreneur Immigration Stream has started from October 26, 2020. This new PNP is for fresh foreign student graduates from Alberta post-secondary institutions.
This new immigration stream will operate on an EOI system that is available for submissions.
The AINP will assess those who submit an Expression of Interest. The highest-ranking applicant will receive an invitation to present a Business Application.
Only those who receive a Request or an invitation to apply can access the AINP portal to start the process. There is no guarantee that applicants will get Canadian permanent residence after receiving a request.
Alberta is also planning to launch the Foreign Graduate Start-up Visa Stream in January next year. This stream will be for all the global student graduates from some top US colleges and universities who wish to commence a business and settle in the province.
Qualification Criteria for the International Graduate Entrepreneur Immigration System
Global student graduates from Alberta colleges and universities will have to fulfill some eligibility criteria for consideration for the International Graduate Entrepreneur Immigration Stream.
- Students need to immigrate to Alberta to start a new business or buy an existing business. It is important for the candidate to have 34% ownership of the new company. The business should not be on Alberta’s list of unqualified businesses.
- Candidates should have a minimum of six months of full-time work experience. This may be a combination of owning a business or actively managing one. It may also include an equal amount of experience with a business accelerator, entrepreneurship program, or business incubator courses.
- The candidate should have a minimum of two years of full-time education in Alberta. It is also important for the applicant to have a degree or a diploma from a designated post-secondary institution in the province. A Post-Graduation Work Permit is important and it should last for a minimum of two years at the time of submission of the EOI.
- All the suitable applicants should have a minimum CLB of seven on either English or French in all skills.
Factors That Increase an Applicant’s Chances of Receiving a Request
- Business needs to provide economic benefit to Alberta through investments, job creation, and developed academic property, to name a few.
- Applicants between 21 years and 49 years have an advantage.
- Applicants or their common-law partners or spouses having their immediate family members staying in Alberta full-time will a good chance of receiving a request.
- Common-law partners or spouses may add to an applicant’s application if they have a minimum of a year of full-time work experience in the province. If this is not possible then an alternative is two years of full-time study at a post-secondary institution in Alberta. Those without an Alberta experience may have a CLB of a minimum of five in French or English in every language ability.
You may contact us for any competent help with your PNP applications.